E-on Software has announced that the upcoming pre-release versions of Carbon Scatter and Cloud Factory Ozone will be the last.
E-on Software has announced that the upcoming pre-release versions of Carbon Scatter and Cloud Factory Ozone will be the last. The company explains the decision was made to “focus on the company’s core technologies and ensure better customer support and user experience on […] VUE and PlantFactory”. The final 2017 releases have the following new features:
Carbon Scatter 2017
- Multiple global EcoSystem layers, that can be saved as EcoPainter brushes.
- The ability to add PlantFactory and VUE vegetation models directly to Carbon Scatter EcoSystem populations.
- Up to 4x lighter saved scenes and faster data access.
CloudFactory Ozone 2017
- Auto-scale clouds with altitude
- The ability to easily load/add cloud layers using a single button.
- Optional automatic sun softness computation, based on atmosphere parameters.
- “Improve Low Quality Consistency” parameter to better preview your atmosphere looks while rendering at a lower resolution
Pre-release versions are available to existing subscribers in the next few days, and will be officially released later this year. Product support for Carbon Scatter and CloudFactory is promised at no cost until September 2018 and customers under maintenance plans will receive the usual benefits until their plans expire. A cross grade to VUE xStream is offered until October 1, 2017 for $1195 with a year’s maintenance or $995 without; after that date it’a $1620 with a year’s maintenance or $1320 without. Read the press release on E-on’s website
for more details